Friday, March 29, 2024

Coming or Going?

 


My cardiac rehab is misnamed.  It should be called cardiac maintenance because that’s what it is.  The doors open at 6 am and I (along with a dozen others) am waiting to begin.  And since I get an early start, I get an early finish.  Yeah!  And when I am finished, as I am going out the door at Memorial hospital (along with several night shift workers), there are day shift workers coming in.  But there is a stark contrast in the demeanor of those coming in to work on Monday morning and those getting off of work Monday morning.  Those coming in are glum and sleepy headed while those going out (with me) are cheerful and free as a bird.  The contrast reminds me of Ecclesiastes 7:8, “Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof ...”  And there are several other corollaries of that verse: It is easier to start a project than to finish a project.  It is easier to get into trouble than to get out of trouble.  It is easier to bid on a project than to pay for the cost overruns of the project.  And I’m sure that you can think of others.  Hey, think carefully before you start something so that it is easier to finish it.  Plan well to finish with few regrets.  (Another corollary)

No comments:

Post a Comment