Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Home-Made Soap

 


Once again, I have gotten myself into trouble.  I hate sissy-smelling shower soap.  So I found this soap at Lowe’s that smells very manly.  But the bar is too big, and the soap is too expensive.  So, I got this bright idea: why not make my own soap?  So I did!  I bought this pre-made cold process melting soap (with mango Nectaire, shea butter and coconut butter) and found a manly fragrance.  I melted the soap in the microwave, added the “oak barrel” fragrance, and poured it into silicone molds.  Now I have good-smelling manly soap in the right size at a great price.  But yesterday, I began to have misgivings about my soap.  Think a minute.  What is made in “oak barrels”?  Whiskey!  But since I am a good Baptist, I don’t know what whiskey smells like.  Now I am afraid that my manly fragrance leaves me smelling like I have been drinking whiskey.  Oh, well …  Paul said in I Thessalonians 5:22, “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”  Did he also mean to abstain from smelling like evil?  And to find out what whiskey smells like, should I buy some?  I don’t think so.  Refer to the verse above.  So, again, oh well …

No comments:

Post a Comment