Friday, September 20, 2024

Communication

 


As I left cardiac rehab Wednesday morning, I lady was coming in.  I spoke to her, and she spoke back.  But as I was about to respond in our brief conversation, she continued speaking and walked right past me!  And what she said didn’t make sense.  I stopped walking and looked back at her, puzzled.  She continued to walk and talk.  It was then that I noticed her earbuds and realized that she was on Bluetooth talking to someone else and not talking to me!  She was talking and I was talking, but no conversation was going on … that is at least between the two of us.  She was talking to someone else; not me.  How often do we go to church, sing songs, listen to prayers, and listen to sermons, but we are not even communicating with God?!  We enjoy the company of other Christians, and we like the churchy activity, but we aren’t really communicating with the God of the universe.  Isaiah said it of Israel, and it could well be said on us: Isaiah 29:13, “Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me …”  Hey, this Sunday, don’t go to church to talk to each other.  Prepare your heart to meet with the Lord.  After all, it’s not about us; it’s all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment