Sunday, September 1, 2024

Clean

 





I have been cleaning up my boat (actually, soon to be Justin B.’s boat) and today I pressure washed some of the ropes.  This 1982 Catalina 22 sailboat has been in Mike T’s driveway dry-docked for 25 years under the pine trees.  But the braided polyester rope is still good!  Amazing!  So, today, I pressure washed 25 years of dirt, fungus, and crud off of the running rigging.  I made a jig to hold the pressure washer wand and moved the rope slowly (and carefully) underneath the spraying water.  I was amazed to see the results!  Reminded me of Isaiah 1:18, “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”  Cleaning rope is one thing, but cleaning a wicked heart like mine is clean on another level!  And as I see the results of my work, I am amazed at the spiritual work of Jesus Christ!  My rope will soil again, but Jesus washes my sins as white as snow and as permanent as His eternal grace!  Praise the Lord for the cleansing power of the dear Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment