Saturday, September 14, 2024

Pocketknife

 

Last Thursday, when I was getting my clothes out of the washer and transferring them to the dryer, I heard a metallic clanking.  And after I pulled a few more damp clothes out of the washer, I found my pocketknife.  It had gone through the washer.  And that wasn’t the first time that my knife had been through the washer (and probably won’t be the last).  I am usually careful not to wash my cell phone or my car keys (with the electric fob on it), but I am careless with my pocketknife.  It’s small and rather flat and escapes detection.  The only saving detail is that my pocketknife is stainless steel.  It can take the water in the washer, and it can take the heat in the dryer.  Hey, I’m glad that I am born into God’s forever family, and nothing can harm me.  God has made me fool-proof.  I can’t lose my position in Christ, and no one else can take it from me.  Paul said in Romans 8:38&39, “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  I am glad to be like stainless steel in God’s family.


No comments:

Post a Comment