Thursday, September 5, 2024

Tiny Screw

 


A screw fell out of my glasses, the frame popped open, and the lens fell out.  It wouldn’t have been so bad, but it was the lens for my good eye.  Bummer.  So, I got out my old glasses to use until I can get to the optometrist (tomorrow), but they are a different prescription.  They are all scratched up and I am getting a headache from using them.  So, I have been looking a little more intense for that little screw.  But I haven’t found it yet.  I am reminded of the proverb in Poor Richard’s Almanac by Ben Franklin, “For Want of a Nail” (it wasn’t original to him).

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.

For want of a shoe the horse was lost.

For want of a horse the rider was lost.

For want of a rider the message was lost.

For want of a message the battle was lost.

For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.

And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Whether a horseshoe nail or a tiny eyeglass screw, details are important.  And you are important to your church and to the Lord.  You may say, “No one will miss me if I don’t go to church this Sunday.”  Hey, refer to the proverb above.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”  If anything, we should be more faithful as the coming of the Lord approaches.  Hey, be faithful in church.  I’ll save you a seat right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment