Saturday, January 14, 2017

Hebrews 12:6



Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Years ago we lived in a house owned by the church. The back yard connected to the back yard of another house owned by the church. It was a duplex and there were two church families living in it. Often the three families of kids would be out playing together. But sometimes one kid would get out of sorts and trouble would begin. I would be inside doing my work and I would hear the angry voices. So I would go outside to investigate. Each kid would blame the other. So I would say, “Whitely kids inside!” My four children would whine and stomp into the house. They didn’t understand why I was blaming them. I explained to them that the other kids weren’t my responsibility. I could only correct the Whitely kids; they were mine and they were my responsibility. And so it is with God. He knows his kids and He only corrects His own children. He will straighten us out because we belong to Him. God loves us and will correct us when we need it because He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment