Thursday, April 23, 2020

Darkness or Light?


Yesterday I was working outside of my garage.  You know that part of the house stacked to the top with stuff.  A car has never once parked inside of my garage.  But, I digress … So, as I am working, I go from outside to the inside to get another tool.  And then back into the sunlight to work.  And then another tool.  sunlight to dark garage and back to sunlight again.  And then I noticed the difference.  I can see great going from the dark garage out into the sunlight but going from the sunlight back into the dark garage, it takes my eyes a few seconds to adjust.  Hey, once you become a Christian and walk from the darkness of sin into the glorious light of God’s new life, you realize where you have been and where you are now.  And guess what?  You can no longer enjoy the darkness because you now know the light.  Paul said in II Corinthians4:6, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”  Jesus gives us light.  We no longer walk in darkness.  Hey, let’s enjoy His light!

No comments:

Post a Comment