Saturday, April 25, 2020

Pet Peeve


Do you have a “pet peeve”?  You know, something that really bothers you?  I have several.  I hate cold butter.  You try to butter toast with cold butter and it just rolls up behind the knife.  I hate infomercials.  “But wait, there’s more!  We’ll double your order!  Just pay a separate shipping and handling fee.”  But my worst peeve is waiting on hold.  And that background music that is so distorted that you can’t recognize the tune.  But waiting for someone on the other end of a phone line is not the same as waiting on the Lord.  “Waiting on the Lord” is like a good waiter who is attentive to your needs.  David said in Psalm 27:14, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”  If we will wait on the Lord - be attentive to Him - He will bless us and give us all that we need.  Hey, don’t be discouraged!  Be patient!  Wait on the Lord!  Trust me.  It will be a good experience.  No “pet peeve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment