Tuesday, April 28, 2020

First or Only?


Suppose you were ready to get married and you sat down with your fiancé to have a heart to heart talk.  You said to her, “Now when we get married, I want you to know that you are my number one girl.  I may still go out with other girls, and I may like other girls, but you are still my number one girl.”  How would that go over?  Not very well, right?  So how do we get away with that sort of logic with God?  We read our Bibles - God’s very Words - IF we have the time to.  We pray a short mechanical prayer before we eat just because we should.  We go back to church Sunday evening and Wednesday evening IF we can.  We are in church Sunday UNLESS we have to work.  Is God our WHOLE life, or is He just a good idea to add to our busy lives?  Jesus said in Luke 14:26&27, “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.”  Hey, does your bride want to share you with other women?  No.  Does God want to share your devotion with other things?  No.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment