Thursday, April 16, 2020

Invited In


Sometimes the UPS guy knocks on my door to let me know that he has dropped off a package.  I don’t even open the door.  Sometimes a neighborhood kid knocks on my door to sell candy for school.  I answer the door, buy a candy bar, and send them on their way.  Sometimes a stranger knocks on my door and wants to sell me a Watchtower magazine.  I may sit on the porch and discuss the Bible with them, but I don’t invite them in.  But when a dear friend of mine stops by, I invite them in and have them sit right down in my living room and get them a glass of sweet tea.  Hey, where is Jesus at your house?  Do you keep Him outside?  Are you polite but noncommittal with Jesus?  Do talk to Him through the screen door?  Or have you invited Jesus in?  Do you make Jesus welcomed into your house?  Does Jesus feel right at home in your house?  Jesus said in Revelation 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”  Hey, have you invited Jesus into your heart?  Isn’t it about time that you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment