Monday, April 27, 2020

Us or God?


This Covid stuff is killing me.  It’s bad enough not to see my children, but not to see my grandchildren?!  That’s too much to bear!  I go by and leave plastic bags on the doorknob with goodies in them.  Kinder Joy eggs, Floam, Hot Wheels, well you get the picture.  So, they are so excited to see the bag hanging on the door that they grab the bag and disappear.  But wait; what about me?  I understand that they’re just kids.  I get that.  But what about the one who brings the stuff?  Hey, wait a minute.  That’s exactly how we treat the dear Lord above.  We want Him to give us stuff when we should just want Him.  Let’s not be too hard on the kids.  After all, they learn from us adults how to pray to God.  What about adoration instead of asking.  How about what God wants instead of what we want.  What about us pleasing God instead of God pleasing us.  When John saw God’s glory, he fell on his face and said in Revelation 4:11, “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”  We are God’s toys; we are God’s playthings.  Praise the good Lord above for who He is, not for the stuff he gives us.  Novel thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment