Friday, April 10, 2020

Slippery Situations


I like to use Irish Spring soap in the shower because it makes me feel like I’m “taking a shower in Ireland.”  So, the last trip to the big box store, I found this Irish Spring soap with Aloe Vera added to it.  Sounded promising, so I bought it.  But it has turned out to be a problem.  Let me explain.  The aloe makes the soap so slimy slick that I keep on dropping it in the shower.  It could be that I am losing my hand/eye coordination being seventy years old and all, but I’d rather blame the aloe.  It reminds me of the old cartoon where the soap slips out of the hands of Mickey Mouse and he grabs it.  But in grabbing it, the hand-squeeze causes it to squirt out again, and again, and again.  Hey, do you have any slippery situations in your life?  The more you try to get a grip on them, the more slippery they become slipping out of your grasp again and again.  Sometimes we need to trust God in these slippery situations.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5 & 6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  If problems seem to allude your solutions, give them to the dear Lord.  He can take care of your slippery situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment