Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lost


About 20 years ago, we took a group of Americans to Romania to distribute Bibles.  We flew into Munich, Germany, and rented vans.  After driving five hours, we spent the first night in Salzburg, Austria.  The next morning, we shopped and sightseed (I just made up that word.  Would sightsaw be better?)  Somehow, my wife’s passport was stolen.  We found the American consulate in Salzburg and were told to go to Vienna where she could get another passport at the American Embassy.  The embassy closed at 4:30 PM, so we hurried off on the autobahn.  I had the address but was frustrated with all of the tiny one-way streets and names in German.  Finally, at 4 pm I had gave up.  I hailed a taxi, gave him the address, and in ten minutes we were there.  Our problem was solved … along with the $160 passport fee.  Hey, have you ever been lost?  I mean really lost?  You feel desperate, don’t you?  But isn’t it better to follow someone who knows where they are going?  Hey, I’ve never been to heaven, but I do know Who has.  And He can get you there safe and sound.  Thomas didn’t know the way either.  But in John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  If you follow Jesus you can rest assured, you will make it to heaven.  Jesus knows the way because He IS the Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment