Friday, April 21, 2023

Mustache Hair


 

I play Santa at Christmas time, and I have an image of what I would like to look like.  So, I have settled on a picture of a Santa drinking Coca Cola from a 1931 ad campaign.  And I have been working on my bushy mustache for a year now, but it has presented some problems.  I must constantly wipe my mustache for fear of mayonnaise or jelly or, heaven forbid, an errant bugger.  But I have one mustache hair that curls backwards and just gives me fits!  It curls up instead of down and tickles my nose.  I wipe my nose thinking it is mayonnaise or jelly or … and it is just that irritating hair.  I am tempted to snip it off, but it would grow right back pointing upwards.  So, I am patiently waiting for it to grow long enough for its weight to pull it down into conformity with the other thousand hairs in my mustache.  Hey, the same is true of some church members.  They are cantankerous and a pain for the pastor and other church members to deal with.  We often wish that they would move their membership to another church.  Hopefully, they will eventually grow out of their disagreeability, but it never happens!  Paul had to deal with two quarrelsome ladies in Philippi, and called them out by name!  Philippians 4:2, “I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.”  This verse is probably the reason that no one names their girls Euodias or Syntyche!  Hey, don’t be disagreeable!  Get along with one another.  I wish my mustache hair would.

No comments:

Post a Comment