Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Sudoku


 

I like to work on sudoku puzzles in the bathroom (Don’t worry; I’m not going to get too personal).  I usually start at the front of the puzzle book where the puzzles are “beginner”.  I can solve them in a day (or one sitting, no pun intended), so I feel good about my intelligence.  But if I go to the back of the book, the stakes are raised.  When I solve an “expert” puzzle, I really feel good about my intelligence.  But then stumbling around in those expert pages, I run the risk of getting stumped, and then I don’t feel intelligent at all.  Sometimes it takes me several days before I find that one number that opens up the solution.  What satisfaction!  Hey, when you accomplish a difficult task, don’t you feel good?  Of course you do.  And when you’re stumped, don’t you feel less than good?  Of course you do.  James said in James 1:5, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”  The dear Lord is glad to give us a hint in life if we but ask Him.  And he never chides us or makes us feel inferior.  The Lord gives wisdom, and gives it freely, with no snide remarks.  He is absolutely supremely intelligent, but He never flaunts it.  Like they say, “It’s not bragging if you can do it.”  And God can.  He can do the impossible … even “expert” sudoku puzzles.  ;<)

No comments:

Post a Comment