Monday, April 10, 2023

Repurposed


I bought a 1990 Ford Aerostar van from George G. in West Virginia in 2017 for a great price.  It wasn’t perfect, but a bargain.  But as I began to look for look for a replacement mirror on the passenger side, I soon realized that President Obama in his “Cash for Clunkers” plan, crushed almost all of the vehicles built before 2000.  I had to call several junkyards before I found the mirror for my aging van.  And as I walked down the rows of car after car in the junkyard, I realized that those cars were once bought brand new off the showroom floor.  But now they are moldering in the weeds, rain, and rust of a junkyard.  I was glad to find an old 1990 truck and scavenge the mirror.  I like to see an old part that has been sitting out in the weather for twenty years repurposed for my running van.  Well, actually, … running for a few more years.  Hey, that’s exactly what Jesus Christ does for old sinners like me.  Jesus redeems a worthless soul and makes him new.  The Apostle Paul says that “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature,” II Corinthians 5:17  And someday, Jesus Christ will come again and “make all things new” including this old sinner!  Hey, have you let Jesus make you into a new creature and repurpose you?  Have you been born again?  Message me right now and let’s talk.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment