Saturday, April 22, 2023

Salt Grinder


Friday night, my wife and I had a big night out: we went by Costco and then McAlister’s Deli.  Kathy had a half salad and I had a half baked potato.  My wife wanted to dine al fresco (outside), so we were treated to gnats and noise from the parkway.  When our food came, I picked up the salt grinder.  What’s wrong with a simple saltshaker?!  Salt grinders take too much time and effort.  But when I ground the mechanism, nothing happened.  So I ground it in the opposite direction.  Still nothing.  I looked to see if the salt was damp and lumped, but it moved about freely … but only inside of the grinder.  I shook it, but still nothing.  Then I noticed that the lid was still on the grinder.  Duh!  Fortunately for me, my wife had not noticed my stupidity.  Hey, some folk are just as stupid about raising their children.  Why do they think that a cell phone, computer, tablet, or game box can raise a child?!  It takes time and parental involvement.  A lot of time.  Many parents are trying to win their child’s friendship when they should be gaining their child’s respect.  The parent needs to be in charge of their own child.  Don’t be afraid to say, “… because I said so.”  Oh, that’s not the best answer, but it’ll do.  Parents need to follow what the good Lord says in the book of Proverbs.  Solomon said in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”  Don’t listen to the advice of the schoolteacher or a friend or a co-worker unless they line up with the Bible.  Don’t be afraid to be different.  Be old school and stand your ground.  And speaking of ground, that salt grinder …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment