Thursday, April 13, 2023

Surprise!


Brother Jamie announced Sunday morning that his new series of messages was going to be a surprise.  So tonight at church, his first message in the series was about “surprises” in the Bible.  Surprise!  Actually, there are many surprises in the Bible.  Moses was surprised by the burning bush.  David was surprised as a young lad to be called out of the field to be anointed the next king of Israel.  Paul was surprised on the road to Damascus by Jesus Christ.  Hey, have you ever been surprised?  I was surprised Saturday morning by a state trooper car beside the interstate ramp.  And then I was surprised by a second one on the bridge a few hundred yards away.  And then two more in a half mile.  Then I remembered that the vice-president was traveling from the Chattanooga airport to Dalton for a speech.  There were police cars everywhere!  But my greatest surprise will be when I wake up in heaven someday.  Oh, I plan on being there, and I have made my peace with the dear Lord to be assured of Heaven.  But when I actually see those pearly gates and then actually walk on streets of gold, I will be surprised.  But the dear Lord will not be surprised at all, for I was in His plan for all eternity!  Thank you, Lord, for your surprises!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment