Saturday, November 18, 2023

Cooperation

 

When my wife and I got married, we spent the first decade trying to change each other.  I didn’t fold towels the right way and she didn’t fold tee shirts the right way.  She put the toilet paper on backwards and I didn’t put the toilet seat back down after I used it.  She didn’t turn her dirty clothes right side out when she put them into the clothes hamper, and I didn’t replace the twist tie on the bread wrapper after I got a slice of bread out.  But, after fifty-two years of marriage, we realized that we just need to get along with one another in order to get life done.  Nehemiah had our problems too.  He had to get the wall of Jerusalem rebuilt without any stonemasons, he only had amateurs!  And somehow, Nehemiah got them all to cooperate and to work together.  Nehemiah 4:6, “So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work.”  Hey, if you want to get a job completed, you must decide to work together with others.  Put aside your differences and cooperate!  Just “get ‘er done!”

No comments:

Post a Comment