Tuesday, November 7, 2023

McDonald's

 

A couple of years ago, I was in Soddy-Daisy visiting a friend at a nursing home.  It was lunchtime, so I sprung him out of prison (ha, ha!) and took him to McDonald’s for a cheeseburger and a drink (I am a big spender).  After I ordered at the drive-thru screen, we drove to the first window.  I exchanged pleasantries with the girl and gave her my credit card.  As she handed me my card and receipt, I gave her a tract saying, “Here’s something good for you to read.”  She held up both hands in refusal and said, “I am not allowed to dispose of garbage for customers.”  I was speechless at her crassness, took back my tract, and drove to the pick-up window.  The next girl handed me my order and I handed her the same tract saying, “Here’s something good for you to read.” she smiled and took it.  I continued, “Now don’t get into trouble reading it on company time.”  She smiled again and said, “Oh no, I won’t.”  And I drove away.  As I drove off, I pondered the reactions of the two girls.  One was defensive and had obviously been stung by some Christian in the past.  But the other one took the little booklet that had the power to turn her life around and to assure her of a home in heaven when she died.  What a difference in attitudes!  And what a difference in the eventual fate of those two girls!  Later, I prayed for both girls and for both of their very different needs.  Hey, what about you?  Are you defensive about spiritual things, or are you open to an honest discussion?  Jesus said of Himself in Luke 19:10, “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”  Why not consider the claims of Jesus Christ?!  He just might turn your life around.  Hey, message me and let’s talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment