Monday, November 20, 2023

Forgetful

 

Growing older has its problems, but forgetting stuff is the worst problem of all.  Friday, I washed a load of clothes that had my dress pants and my favorite blue dress shirt in it.  I put the load into the dryer but got busy working outside and forgot the clothes.  When I remembered, I hurried inside, but it was too late.  The heavy load of dry clothes had smushed the wrinkle-free shirt into a wrinkle-set shirt.  So, I got all of the dry clothes out except the pants and shirt and threw the damp white clothes in on top and started the dryer.  I felt so clever … until I got busy again.  The dryer had stopped with the dress shirt under all of the dry white clothes.  So, I got a cup of water, soaked one of the just-dried towels, added it to the shirt and pants and started the dryer.  But this time, I set the stopwatch on my cell phone, and went back outside to work.  My alarm went off, I came inside, and removed my precious blue shirt (looking great).  I would have felt clever, but this was the third time for the pants and shirt in the dryer … but at least the shirt and pants felt so soft.  Wonder why?  Ha, ha!  Sorry, I just couldn’t make a spiritual application.  Hey, can you help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment