Sunday, November 12, 2023

Living Upstairs

 

A few years ago, my nine-year-old grandson hung around with me on a teacher’s in-service day.  After breakfast at Chick fil-A, Bennett and I picked up Kathy at dialysis.  Bennett asked her, “Marmie, do you like dialysis?”  Kathy chuckled and answered, “Well, not really, but I have to go to dialysis in order to live.  And I want to be around to watch you grow up.”  Bennett was quiet for a while.  I explained to Bennett that dialysis was like him getting a shot at the doctor’s office.  I said, “You really don’t like it, but you need it.”  Bennett though for a minute and said, “I guess dialysis is better than … well … you know … living upstairs.”  Sometimes we have difficulty facing the inevitable.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Hey, are you ready to die and ready for that judgement day?  If you aren’t ready for those two appointments, message me and we can chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment