Thursday, November 30, 2023

Incompetence

 

OK, I’m usually a positive fellow.  But let me be negative for one day.  Incompetence reigned a month ago Saturday!  Let me explain: Kathy and I drove to Springfield, Tennessee to attend South Central Grower’s open house (it was beautiful beyond words with 330,000 poinsettias in full bloom).  On the way up, we stopped at McDonald’s in Manchester for breakfast.  No one was at the counter, so I went to the kiosk.  But it wasn’t working.  I went to the next kiosk and completed my order, except the payment scanner didn’t work.  So, I stepped to the counter and waited until the manager came to see what I needed.  But because I hadn’t paid for my order, I had to reorder everything with the manager.  And when I received my order, they hadn’t put creamer in my coffee.  The young man who had given me my order smiled and gave me my creamers.  But when I got to the car and opened the bag, my wife’s butter biscuit didn’t have any butter on it, and none was in the bag.  And my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit wasn’t a biscuit, it was a McGriddle.  And there was no ketchup in the bag for my hashbrowns.  Solomon said in Proverbs 22:29, “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”  Sorry, but this verse did not apply to McDonald’s today.  Oh, well …

No comments:

Post a Comment