Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Utility Trailer in the Ministry

 

Years ago, my daughter found a utility trailer and bought it for me.  I used it to reroof my house and made several trips to the dump with the old shingles.  I have used it to help friends move, to clean up around the church, and to haul long timbers for building projects.  But three years ago, I built a 2X4 and OSB platform on that trailer to use in the Ringgold Christmas parade.  On the side was painted, “The Greatest Gift of All,” and on top, a big package labeled, “Jesus”.  The next year, I added two snow-making machines with booms to reach each side of the parade route, and the kids loved it!  So, over the past three years, we have handed out Ziplock bags of candy with a gospel tract inside numbering 600, 900, and 2500 each year!  My daughter had no idea that the trailer would be used to distribute 4,000 pieces of gospel literature!  What a blessing!  And today, I was reminded of Revelation 14:13, “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”  When someone reads one of those tracts and becomes a believer, my daughter will be remembered in heaven for her part in their transformation!  And what if this new believer has children who trust in Jesus as their Savior?  And what if one of those children becomes a preacher or missionary?  And what about all of the folk who believe in Jesus because of that preacher or missionary?!  It goes on and on … and all because of a little utility trailer!  Hey, get involved in God’s plans and programs.  You’ll never be sorry that you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment