Monday, November 13, 2023

Picture

 


I played Santa last Saturday and had a great time at South Central Growers in Springfield, Tennessee (check out their gallery later this week on their facebook page).  A little guy was excited to visit Santa and promptly gave me a picture that he had drawn.  His mother spoke up and said, “He got up early this morning and drew you this picture.”  I thanked him and we got right into what he wanted for Christmas.  We got pictures of him, momma, and Santa and he left with a wave.  I put the picture behind my chair to look at later and had several more visitors.  A little later I got the picture out, and for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out what it was!  Can you?  I had forgotten to ask the little man what the picture was, so I guess I’ll never know because I can’t imagine what it is.  Hey, how often do we come to our heavenly Father with requests that make about as much sense as the little boy’s picture.  The good Lord is working out His plan for our lives, be we seem to want something else.  We think money, good health, a new beau, or a new set of clothes will make us happy.  But our requests to the Lord above are so shallow, just like the little boy’s picture.  I’m so glad that the blessed Holy Spirit can interpret our prayers to the Father!  Paul said in Romans 8:26, “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”  I’m glad that when I pray, the Holy Spirit says, “Actually, this is what Gerald meant …”  Now if I just knew what that little guy meant …

No comments:

Post a Comment