Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Old Records

 

I have been cleaning out my two-car garage (which has never held a car, only stuff).  I think that when I turn off the lights at night, junk multiplies to fill all available space.  I had twenty boxes with my old tax records in them.  Mr. John, my tax guy, said that I only need to keep tax records for the last three years.  So, I got three industrial strength garbage bags and started dumping seventeen boxes of tax records to shred.  I began dumping boxes and boxes of years and years of old bills, cancelled checks, and receipts.  Half-way through the second box I realized how good God has been to me over the years!  Thousands of dollars of medical bills, piles of electric bills, water bills, car payments, house payments, and … well you get the picture.  As I threw away hundreds of old checks, I saw many cancelled checks to the church and to mission projects.  I have often thought that if I take care of God’s business, God will take care of my business.  And He has.  God has been so good to me!  Jeremiah said in Lamentations 3:22&23, “It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”  Hey, has the good Lord been faithful to you?  Can I get an Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment