Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Kathy's Important Job

 



My dear wife has several health issues, most of which come from her main problem: she has had too many birthdays.  But having birthdays is a good thing, because if you don’t have birthdays, … well …  Anyway, often Kathy feels that she is useless.  She feels non-productive.  I try to remind her that she worked for many years and now she is retired.  She deserves a few years of rest.  But Kathy has found her niche: she stamps the church contact information on tracts that we distribute.  And that job is not insignificant.  When someone accepts a tract, they will then be able to make an eternal decision.  And if they make that decision to accept the Lord’s gift of eternal life, they will need to contact our church so that they can grow in their new spiritual life.  What a wonderful opportunity and what a wonderful job!  Isaiah 55:11, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”  God’s written Word is powerful!  Yes, it is!  So, keep working Kathy, at the most important job of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment