Saturday, August 24, 2024

Spectrum

 


I have had Dish satellite TV for twenty-five years and hated it the whole time.  Every time it rains, the TV goes off.  Every time the wind kicks up, the TV goes off.  Dish is just so unreliable.  But the only cable company available in our little town is even more unreliable.  Twenty years ago, I contacted Spectrum cable, left a voice message and waited three weeks for them to call me back.  When they did, they set up a date to install the cable, but the contractor never showed up.  I gave up on Spectrum and settled in with my dysfunctional relationship with Dish.  But Spectrum never gave up on me.  They have sent me a form letter in the mail each week for the past twenty years!  Sometimes twice a week!  And they have never wavered!  I have often thought, “I wonder if I am half as faithful as Spectrum in contacting all of the pagans that I know?!  Do I keep inviting them to church?!  Jesus said in Mark 16:15, “… Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”  This is known as the Great Commission, not the Great Suggestion.  Hey, I should be as faithful as Spectrum in fulfilling the Lord’s work!  What about you?  Are you busy serving the Lord?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment