Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Scam

 


I tried to scam my dear wife this morning, but it didn’t work.  I told her that I had oatmeal with raisins for breakfast.  She looked a little skeptical, and rightly she should have been, because I had three oatmeal cookies with raisins in them.  Actually, the cookies had all of the oatmeal ingredients in them.  Well, mostly.  And they were healthy.  Well, mostly.  How many times in life do we lie to ourselves saying that our lives are mostly good?  We do the right things … most of the time.  But the dear Lord expects more than “close” from us.  I Peter 1:15&16, “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy … Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”  The good Lord sets the bar pretty high!  But the Lord expects so much from us because He has given so much for us!  I Peter 1:18&19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”  Holiness is not preached very often in our churches today, but God expects purity from us.  After all, we are part of the body of Christ.  We belong to Him.  Don’t try to scam the Lord.  Like my wife and my oatmeal breakfast, the Lord won’t fall for our almost-good-living.  The Lord sees every move that we make.  Yes, He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment