Friday, August 30, 2024

Purring Kitten

 

When I was growing up, we always had a dog.  Only once did we have a cat.  I don’t know where we got that little kitten, but it was named tattoo.  I don’t think the name had anything to do with ink-on-skin, I think one of my little brothers just couldn’t say the real name that he was trying to say.  I like kittens, but I don’t like cats (no hate mail, please).  But Tattoo was cute.  I would pick it up and settle it into my lap.  Then I would stroke it on the head and it would relax.  And as I would scratch it behind the ears, Tattoo would begin to purr.  I could scratch it behind the ears all day, and it would not move.  It would purr and purr with delight.  Hey, there are people in church who purr with delight too.  II Timothy 4:3, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.”  People church shop looking for preachers who tell them what they want to hear.  But I am glad that our church has a preacher who tells us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear.  Truth is interesting.  First it hurts, then it convicts, and finally it cleans.  Hey, do you have a preacher that only strokes you, or do you have a preacher who preaches the Word of God?  Message me and I can help you find a good preacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment