Tuesday, December 31, 2013

John 13:3-5,13-17



John 13:3-5,13-17 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. During Bible times it was the job of the lowest slave in the household to wash the feet of the arriving guests. Jesus washed His disciples’ feet to show them an example. He wanted them to serve one another. If Jesus served His disciples, we should serve one another as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment