Monday, July 11, 2016

I Corinthians 11:1



I Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. This is a pretty bold statement made by the Apostle Paul. Paul was such a good Christian example that he could tell the Christians to just follow his example. That’s pretty good, but it almost sounds like bragging. but I’ve always heard, “If you can do it, it isn’t bragging.” What that means is that if you say that you can do something sort of big, you aren’t bragging if you can actually do it. So in our verse for today, Paul wasn’t just bragging, because he actually was a fine Christian example. And here is the key: Paul told the Corinthians to follow him because he was following Jesus. So, let’s narrow it down. If someone wanted to be a good Christian, could they follow you? Would you be a good example to them of how a Christian lives? Good question. So, what is your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment