Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I Corinthians 11:3



I Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Jesus Christ is our Great example. Isn’t it interesting that Jesus prayed to the Father? If Jesus was God in the flesh, why did He pray? There are two answers to that question. Jesus as a man prayed to God the Father. And Jesus as God left us a good example to follow. Jesus Christ was the Creator of everything. He made man in His image and He made the woman for the man. That does not mean that the woman is less important; the woman is just the man’s helpmeet. The woman completes the man. I love my wife and would give anything for her. It is my responsibility to be the head of our home and it is my wife’s responsibility to help me. We make all major decisions together and I value her opinion. Often, she sees things that I do not and helps me not to make a bad choice ... if I listen to her. But God holds me as the husband responsible for our home. When there are two people, one must be the leader and one must be the helper. Both are important. Neither is greater than the other. But one must be in charge and the other must follow. And Jesus is our great example. The man is the head of the woman and God is the head of Jesus. All of us have our places and all of us should fill those responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment