Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I Corinthians 13:11,12



I Corinthians 13:11,12 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. Growing up is, at the same time, fun and hard work. We like to be able to do grown-up things, but those grown-up things come with responsibilities. We like to have our own money to spend, but we don’t like to have to get up and go to work in order to have the money to spend. And as you grow up, you look back at those childhood days. You had no cares, no worries, no responsibilities, but again, no money. Oh well, those days are gone. But when you grow up and take on adult responsibilities, you become more serious. You have to make adult decisions. You have to decide, “Do I want to take off work today and go to Oma’s pool or should I work and earn money?” Now that’s an adult decision! And our verses tell us that when we become grown up, we have to put away those childish things. We must act responsibly. And so it is with our spiritual life. Do we just want to do our own thing, or do we want to serve God? The Holy Spirit speaks to our mind and tells us the right thing to do, but do we listen? Do we obey God? It’s time to put away childish things. It’s time to grow up and listen to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment