Wednesday, February 7, 2018

James 4:7



James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. Wow! This is a serious verse! If we know what the right thing is to do, and we don’t do it, what is it called? Sin. God expects His followers to obey Him. Luke 12:48 says, “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required” Years ago, when I was a school teacher, I called my son, John, out into the hallway. I told him, “John, you are a Whitely, and I expect more out of you than I do out of other kids. You know more. You have better training. I expect you to be better than the other kids.” And so does God. When we learn what the right things are to do, we should do them, because now we know. So now that we are the children of God, let’s do right! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment