Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Bad Odor


I was working on a deck last Saturday and it was hot and humid.  Late in the afternoon I noticed that my nephew’s deodorant was not working.  But we were working in the heat, so he had a pass.  And then I smelled his teen-age son.  Pretty much the same smell.  Oh well.  It was just us men working outside.  But when I got into my truck to go home and I smelled the same smell, I realized it was me!  IT WAS ME ALL THE TIME!  How embarrassing!  Hey, often we have conflict with a co-worker.  And then we have difficulties with our boss.  Then we get cross ways with the pastor.  We can’t seem to get along with the worship leader at church.  But we don’t seem to see the pattern.  Do you see the pattern?  Of course you do because you have the luxury of looking at the situation from the outside.  So next time you have a conflict ask, “Is what they are saying about me true?  Is this problem my fault?”  If the answer is yes, deal with it.  If the answer is no deal with it.  In both cases we still must deal with the problem.  But most importantly, ask the good Lord for wisdom and understanding.  Solomon said in Proverbs 21:2, “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”  God knows what is going on.  God knows how to resolve conflict.  Ask Him and trust his advice in His Bible.  You can’t go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment