Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Good Habits


I have some bad habits … and I have some good habits.  That’s right, habits can be a good thing.  It’s a good habit to brush your teeth every day; It’s a good habit to wear deodorant.  So, here are my good habits:  I do not throw my dirty clothes on the floor.  Never.  That’s because my mother taught me to put my clothes in the hamper, not on the floor.  And when I finish using a shovel, pick, or mattock, I spray a little mist of WD-40 onto the bare metal to keep it from rusting.  That’s because my dad taught me to take care of my tools.  My mother and my father are both gone from this earth, but I still pick up my dirty clothes and condition my hand tools.  That’s because I FEEL like they are still watching me.  Hey, do you realize that your heavenly Father is watching you?  When my parents were alive, I didn’t want to disappoint them.  And I don’t want to disappoint my Heavenly Father, either.  If you belong to God, you don’t want to disappoint Him.  Jesus said in John 10:27, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”  Do you listen to your heavenly Father?  Do you follow your heavenly Father?  Those are good habits to cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment