Saturday, June 6, 2020

Uncle Sonney


There are many things that I miss during this Covid shutdown, but I REALLY miss my two youngest grandsons.  I used to enjoy picking them up and letting them ride in the jump seat of my old ’96 GMC pick-up truck.  I just keep my mouth shut and enjoy listening in on their discussions.  A while back, Greyson, the seven-year-old, told Bennett, the eleven-year-old, “Bennett, did you know that we have an Uncle Sonney?”  Bennett nodded that he did.  But Greyson was puzzled and went on, “But I don’t understand.  Uncle Sonney’s not on my mom’s side of the family, and he’s not on my dad’s side of the family.  I don’t understand where Uncle Sonney fits in.”  Bennett, with all the wisdom of an eleven-year-old said, “Well that’s because he isn’t on either side of your family.  He’s just Uncle Sonney.”  Greyson thought for a moment, shrugged, and let it go.  I suppose to him, Uncle Sonney’s position didn’t really matter.  He was content in just knowing that he had an Uncle Sonney.”  Sometimes we are like Greyson.  Hey, we just don’t understand how things fit together.  But our job isn’t to figure everything out; Our job isn’t to fit everything together; our job is to trust in a God Who has everything figured out.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  Don’t worry.  We can trust in God.  He has everything figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment