Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Control


Thursday, I lost my passenger side mirror to an eighteen-wheeler who felt the need to be in control of the interstate.  I was in the left lane and slower traffic was in the right lane.  As both lanes of traffic approached the I-75/24 merge, this trucker decided that no one should get ahead of him, so he pulled left to block both lanes.  But I was in the left lane that he was attempting to block.  I tried to stop as he came over but lost my mirror in the process.  I was fortunate not to have been in an accident.  He just did not want anyone to be ahead of him. He was in charge of the interstate.  Hey, do you know anyone who is controlling?  They are not satisfied with controlling themselves, they must control others too.  Paul said that we should not try to control one another, but that we should be kind one to another.  Paul said in Ephesians 4:32, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”  Instead of control, let’s practice love today.  Instead of force, let’s use kindness.  It might make a change in your world.  It WILL make a change in yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment