Monday, June 8, 2020

GPS


Traveling today is a piece of cake.  With GPS it is almost impossible to get lost.  Now when I was your age …  no, really.  When we first went to Romania in 1990, travel was much different than it is today.  We landed in Munich, rented vans, and drove through Germany, Austria, Hungary, and finally into Romania.  In 1993 we had sixteen people in three vans and I was scared to death of getting separated.  Each driver had the physical address of the place that we were staying that night in case he got separated.  I told them, “Keep up with me.  I will pay the speeding fine if you are keeping up with me, but if you get lost, there is nothing that I can do for you.”  Today, I just punch in the address and the GPS takes me right to the place.  That is if I can get the car navigation to speak English.  In Hungary, the language is impossible!  We usually stay in Hegyshloam, just before Mosonmagyaróvár.  Now you understand.  Hey, our Lord doesn’t have to worry about directions or about getting lost.  He knows exactly where each of His dear children are, and He knows exactly what their needs are.  Jesus said in Matthew 6:31&32, “Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? … for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.”  God keeps up with each of His 500 million children, and yet He is attentive when each one prays!  Wow!  What an awesome heavenly Father we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment