Thursday, June 18, 2020

Ebenezer Stone


Years ago, our pastor preached a message on the “Ebenezer Stone”.  In I Samuel 7, God delivered Israel in a mighty way and the Philistines were defeated.  So, in I Samuel 7:12, Samuel “… took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.”  Samuel left a physical, stone memorial for the people to remember, and our pastor, Brother Roth, began a yearly memorial of how “the Lord had helped us” at our church.  I have my own “Ebenezer” memorial in the form of a file folder in a filing cabinet downstairs.  I have photo copied checks that came at opportuned times.  I have copies of doctor bills that were paid in miraculous ways.  I have letters from former students of God working in their lives.  I have letters by the hundreds of people in Romania who received Scriptures and were blessed.  Great reminders of instances of how “the Lord has helped us”.  Hey, do you have any “Ebenezer” moments in your life?  Has the Lord helped you?  Well of course He has!  The point is, do you REMEMBER those times?  Take a moment right now to remember the dear Lord’s helping in your life.  Remember and reflect.  God is good, but we forget.  It’s good to be reminded of God’s help in the past so that we can trust Him when we need His help in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment