Friday, June 12, 2020

The Ending


I majored in English in college.  I enjoyed the literature but endured the grammar.  One of the earliest novelists in American literature was Nathaniel Hawthorne.  In 1969 I bought “The House of Seven Gables” at a second-hand bookstore and read it.  I was reading the last chapter of the book when I realized that the last page was missing!  I had to go to the library to find out how the book ended.  I paid 10¢ a page to copy the last three pages to add to my book.  Hey, I’m glad that I don’t have to worry about how my life will end.  Oh, I don’t know if it involves a car accident or cancer or old age, but I know the important ending.  I know for sure that when I close my eyes in death here on earth, I will wake up in eternal gladness in heaven.  And, as Jesus said in Matthew 25:23, “His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”  I am looking forward to seeing Jesus face to face.  I am not afraid of the future, because I have read the end of my story, and I know how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment