Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Early Morning

 


I am convinced that God intends this life to be one giant audio-visual teaching aid to bring us closer to Him and His truth.  The past two months have been difficult for Kathy as she has transitioned to early morning dialysis.  We have to get up at 4:45 am to get ready to be at the Kidney Center of North Georgia by 5 am.  Every single morning, without fail, one of us says, “I am going to get to bed earlier next time.”  But we never do.  But because she is so tired, Kathy is able to sleep much of the three hours of dialysis, and the time passes quicker.  I go home and nap for a few minutes and awake refreshed.  So, this morning, I thought of the disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane when Christ chided them in Matthew 26:40, “And he (Jesus) cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?”  I used to slam Peter for his sleepiness, but no more.  I know exactly how Peter felt because I feel that same way every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  And today, I also thanked the good Lord for teaching me a lesson.  Hey, has God taught you a lesson today?  I hope so.  Look for God’s lesson every day, and you’ll find it.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment