Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Love or Just a Crush?

 

I remember in the second grade that I hated girls.  Of course, every second-grade boy hates girls.  But I remember the twins; Paula and Velda.  And I remember thinking, “When I quit hating girls, Paula is the first girl that I am going to quit hating.”  I remember the first girl that I had a crush on.  I remember the first girl that I kissed (other than my mother or grandmother).  And I remember the first girl that I told, “I love you.”  It was Kathy Papastavro (she has been Kathy Whitely for almost fifty years).  I liked several girls, but I only loved one girl.  Hey, do you only have a crush on Jesus, or do you really love Jesus?  Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, “… If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”  Do you like Jesus or do you love Jesus?  Is Jesus important to you or is Jesus your very life itself?  Do you really, really love Jesus?  Then show it.  Live your life every day like you really love Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment