Thursday, April 29, 2021

Surprise!

Five years ago, I had to re-roof my house.  My wife thought that I was too old to be climbing around on the roof.  After two days of hard work, I had to agree with her.  I just didn’t tell her that I agreed with her.   It took me about six weeks to finish a one-week job.  I should have hired it done, but I was too stingy to pay out the money.  As Granny Whitely said, “There’s no shame in being poor, it’s just inconvenient.”  One day I was up near the ridge of the roof and a mockingbird flew over from the other side just skimming the ridge of the roof like he had always done.  Except, when he had just cleared the ridge, this big human was suddenly right in his path!  I’m not sure who was more surprised, the mockingbird or me!  Hey, have you ever been surprised to see someone that you knew … in the wrong place?  Maybe you saw a cashier from Lowe’s at the grocery store?  Or someone from Chick fil-A shows up at church?  Or, have you ever been caught coming out of a questionable movie by your Sunday school teacher?  But then you wondered, “What are they doing here?”  Hey, don’t be caught in the wrong place.  Be faithful to the dear Lord.  Paul said in II Thessalonians 3:3, “But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.”  Let God rule in your life.  Don’t be caught in the wrong place.  Hey, my wife would say that the roof was the wrong place for me.  And there’s a mockingbird that would agree with my wife.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment