Monday, April 19, 2021

Evangelism

 


In 2004 we visited Timothy and Rodica Manta in the little village of Bazna in central Romania.  We had a great time, partly because of two crazy brothers from Alabama who traveled with me.  Now don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Alabama, but Jerry and Johnnie Jones were a hoot!  They were fearless drivers and fearless in handing out Scriptures.  They couldn’t speak one word of Romanian but could smile and talk their way into anyone’s heart.  We were driving out of the village on our way to Sighisoara when Johnnie yelled, “Stop the van!”  I thought something was terribly wrong, but Johnnie just saw an opportunity to distribute some Scriptures.  As soon as I rolled to a stop, he jumped out with four John/Romans booklets in his hands.  He walked back a few yards to four boys and worked his charm.  In five seconds, each boy had a Scripture in his hand, and we were on our way again.  Hey, it only took a few moments, but may have made a difference in the eternal lives of those boys in a tiny village in rural Romania.  Let me ask you, are you in the habit of sharing your faith with others?  Jesus commanded in Mark 16:15 to “… Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”  This is called the Great Commission, not the Great Suggestion.  And we, as Jesus’ followers, should take the last words of Jesus seriously.  Hey, grab a handful of tracts from your church lobby and hand out a few this week (If you don’t have any, message me your address and I’ll send you some that I have written).  It’s just a good habit to get into.  Really.  Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment