Monday, April 5, 2021

Fan the Flies

 


As I look back on my years with my children growing up, I remember great times and seem to forget the bad times.  But the years of my grandchildren growing up are wonderful!  That’s because some are still little guys and the “growing up” years are still here.  I have made my back yard into a giant playground just for the grandchildren.  I have a merry-go-round, a giant, forty-foot-high swing, a huge slide, and a sand box.  The grandkids call it “Whitely World”.  My grandson, Bennett was playing in the sandbox one hot summer day five years ago when he called out to me.  “Granddaddy, can you come over here?”  Of course I could!  Then he asked me a strange question: “Granddaddy, can you fan the flies off me?  They are bothering me.”  What a request!  Bennett thought that I had nothing better to do than to stand beside the sandbox and fan the flies away from him while he played!  And I didn’t!  You see, I had no greater pleasure than to keep my dear grandson comfortable.  And he knew that I would do anything that he asked me to do.  Grandparents spoil their grandchildren because their love knows no bounds.  Hey, the dear Lord is just like that with us, His dear children.  God loves us so much that He gave His own dear Son to purchase our salvation.  What an extreme price!  But no price was too great for us, God’s precious children!  David said in Psalm 84:11, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”  The dear Lord thrills to give good things to His dear children!  Hey, have you trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  Have you proclaimed your love for God?  Make that decision right now and bask in God’s good pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment