Sunday, April 4, 2021

Not There

 


I remember the old Bazooka bubble gum.  Each piece of gum had a Bazooka Joe comic inside of it.  One that I remember had Joe coming home from school looking worried.  He asked his father, “Dad, would you spank me for something I didn’t do?”  Joe’s father replied, “Of course I wouldn’t.”  Bazooka Joe was relieved and replied, “Well, here is a note from my teacher.  She said that I didn’t do my homework again.”  That’s a good laugh but reminds me of something that I heard this week.  Did you know that there are some things that aren’t going to be in heaven?  There will be no hospitals in heaven.  There will be no divorce lawyers and no orphanages there either.  Thank goodness there will be no police stations or jails in heaven.  Neither will you find mental hospitals or psychiatrists.  In his vision, John the Apostle said in Revelation 21:4, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”  I have shed many tears in my seventy + years.  Some were tears of sorrow, some of pain, and some of grieving.  But, praise the Lord, there is coming a day when the dear Lord will wipe away ALL tears and all pain and suffering will be forgotten forever and forever!  What a day that will be!  Hey, are going to be part of the joys of heaven?  Have you made arrangements with almighty God to have your sins forgiven?  Are you part of God’s forever family?  Make your decision to accept Jesus as your Savior right now.  I don’t want YOU to be one who is not in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment