Monday, April 12, 2021

Your Destination

 


In 1968 I went home from college to Maryland for Christmas.  My dad gave me an old 1962 Plymouth to drive back to school after the holidays.  He made it clear that it was his car and that I was driving his car.  I picked up two friends in nearby towns and my cousin, Gene.  Gene was going to Blacksburg, Virginia, and the rest of us were going to Chattanooga, Tennessee.  It was before interstate 81 was finished, so we had to ride many miles on four-lane US.11 through the Shenandoah Valley.  Just before we left, my dad filled up the car with gasoline from his two-hundred-gallon tank at the house.  Neither of us knew that the gasoline included some condensed water mixed in.  It took us thirty hours and four service station stops to make the twelve-hour trip to Chattanooga.  It seemed like it took forever!  Sometimes we made the trip in ten hours and sometimes we made it in fourteen hours.  But guess what?  The destination was the same: Chattanooga.  Hey, in life, our destination is always the same.  Some of us take a long time to get to the end of our lives and some of us live hard and get to the end of our lives quicker.  But the destination is always the same: death.  And the last time that I checked, death comes to 100% of us.  Hey, are you prepared to meet your Maker?  Sooner or later you will meet Him.  But, will you be prepared for that meeting?  Have you trusted in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?  Have you made your peace with God?  I hope you have because sooner or later you will meet Him.  Hey, be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment